- The Russian military has been fighting since Friday Like Mariupol, there are at least 300,000 residents under siege Since three weeks ago. Street battles are taking place near the city center as 50 to 100 bombs are dropped daily in residential areas with hundreds of bombs and rockets. Not far away, one of Europe’s most important metallurgical plants, Azovstell, was destroyed on Saturday.“Big economic losses” For Ukraine “said the Ukrainian MP.
- Mayor Mariupol accused Russia of forcibly relocating residents In its own territory. Olena Zhelenska, wife of the President of Ukraine, has appealed for help in forming the World Council of Churches. “True Humanitarian Corridors”. Finally, a group of nineteen children, mostly orphans, were trapped in a critical condition at a health center in Mariupol.
- The airstrikes on Mykolive continued at a steady paceDozens of soldiers were killed in an attack on army camps in a town in the south of the country, according to the region’s governor. According to Ukrainian officials, the city, nicknamed the “Armor” of Odessa (the largest strategic port 130 kilometers west), resists and prevents attacks by Russian troops.
- The bombings did not stop in the capital, Kiev, or in Kharkiv, A large Russian-speaking city in the northwest, according to official Ukrainian figures, has killed at least 500 people since the start of the war. There again a man and a 9-year-old child were killed in the shelling, local officials said Saturday.
- Russian Ministry of Defense Earlier in the day, Kinzal announced on Saturday that it had used hypersonic missiles To destroy the underground arsenal in western Ukraine. Russia has not yet used the missile during the two conflicts in Ukraine and Syria. This type of missile, highly maneuverable, violates all anti-aircraft defense systems, according to Moscow.
- War in Ukraine Forced more than 3.3 million Ukrainians – 90 % Women and children – have to leave the country, According to the United Nations. About 6.5 million people are believed to have been internally displaced.
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine:
Live March 19 Can be found here
Your questions. “World” answers to frequently asked questions
Report. Like Mariupol, after the bombs, the tanks
True. Hypersonic missiles used by Russia for the first time
Evidence. At the Cité Internationale in Paris, Ukrainian students want to feel useful
True. Uzbekistan stands apart from Russia
Encryptions. American laboratories in Ukraine: The origin of a conspiracy theory
True. The Swiss company Nestl was attacked in order to maintain its presence in Russia